Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lesson Learned

Last weekend I went to one of my very good friends weddings out of town. Since I was only spending one night there I packed lightly with only the dress I was going to wear to the wedding and a change of clothes. So as my hubs and I were getting ready to go....we noticed that we were running late and began to rush. I threw my dress on and hastily started to have it zipped up when I felt a POP! The look on my hubs face confirmed it....the zipper broke on my dress :( I yelled for my sister to help me and there we were, trying to get the zipper fixed on my dress at 11:30am when the wedding started at noon. In the end the zipper was victorious and I was defeated as I had brought nothing else to wear to the wedding. My sister and I are about the same size but do not have the same taste in clothing (She is more like Audrey Hepburn, I am more like Gwen Stephani mixed with Drew Barrymore) so we frantically looked through her closet to find something suitable. I FINALLY spotted a yellow, pink and aqua Diane Von Furstenburg wrap dress (retails about $365) that was simply to die for...though it was a little more casual then I wanted to be. I had no other choice, put it on with my strappy gold heels I brought and rocked it to the wedding. I must say even though it wasn't the dress I really wanted to wear, I felt pretty good about my sister's dress. I will post a pic of it later.

Lesson Learned: When planning to attend an event out of town, ALWAYS bring a back up outfit!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! OMGoodness! Thank God that you guys wear the same size! :)

    ReplyDelete